Skip to main content

Faith

Well, the post today will touch on several points as we have a lot to tell you. First we will touch on Alan's recovery and work. His last day of therapy is on the 15th of this month and he has already accomplished all goals they were hoping to achieve in physical therapy. Though his left arm is still a little stiff, he has at-home exercises that he can do to help regain the strength and flexibility. His memory and brain continue to heal and doctor's say that the end of January will reveal the fullest part of his recovery. His speech continues to heal on a weekly basis and it has already made so much improvement. There is still some slurring but it hasn't seemed to inconvience him at work too much. He will continue back at work full time once therapy is completed. He has a goal set to be the #1 loan officer for the month of December. He had been named that several months in a row when he started at Centex and he wants to reclaim that title. He already has 4 loans set to close this month, and so if he can get about 3 more done, then he will be able to check that off his goal list.
I have been training for the White Rock Half/Full Marathon since June. I was planning on running the one that took place in October, but changed it to the one that takes place on December 11 due to Alan's accident. I would have never thought that this would be something that I would have accomplished in my life, but I think because God knew what my future had in store, he wanted me to have something to focus on and provide a way for me to release any frustrations or emotions I experienced along the way. It has given me confidence within myself and in God knowing that He will always provide for me and my needs. The moment I cross that finish line, I will experience such joy and know that with God, all things are possible and that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. Thank you to those who helped make those grueling runs more fun by accompanying me.
With Christmas right around the corner, this holiday is going to be something so wonderful and special. Our house is decorated, the lights outside are being put up, and we are traveling to Houston today to see about a puppy. This new addition to our family will be so fun for the boys, us too, and will give us a joyful way to remember the year.
If there is one thing we have learned this year, it is to have faith. Faith in God, faith in ourselves and faith knowing that life will go on and we will perservere. Thank you to all of you who have prayed for us, supported us, helped us and even fed us.

Have a very Merry Christmas,

The Fords
Alan, Allison, Mason, and Xander