Skip to main content

Winter Ramblings

I like the winter months (okay, weeks in Texas). I enjoy a cold morning before sunrise writing at my computer with Anonymous 4 and a candle burning in the background. Add a cup of coffee or tea with soy milk and Splenda, and you have my preferred environment for winter. Let the sun come up and I'd rather be running on the trails of Arbor Hills in Plano or Northshore trails of Lake Grapevine. I like winter in North Texas.

I have been busy but away from this blog. So, I'll update briefly.


I have spent most of my writing time (early mornings) on a project for Clarity Publications, an inductive walk through the Old Testament. Yes, the entire OT! 48 chapters, five passages a chapter...I'm lovin' it, but it taking hours of time I don't have. I'm up to chapter 19 and all of them are due March 1. Yikes!



I've also begun my training for my spring runs. I have to squeeze this in early evenings on nights I don't have meetings and on the weekends. I have the Waco 5-0 on my calendar again. 50k in Cameron Park is a killer, but the struggle is part of the sport. March 3 I hope to run the Bearathon half-marathon in Waco with Summer...she's in the middle of All University Sing prep, so I don't know if she'll be able to keep up her runs. If not, we'll try another one.

Speaking of Summer, last weekend she went to West Point for the winter ball. She went with a high school buddy, Ryan Brence, who is a cadet and plays football for Army. She also got to spend some time with her friend Dustin, who goes to The King's College on Manhattan. She had a blast and hopes to go up there again.




Oh, I almost forgot, my friend Billy got me another non-qualifier invitation to the Boston Marathon, so that is on the schedule for April 16. I'm going up to run with David Chisum and Tracy. That will be a great weekend, as usual.

Keep your eyes open for a Legacy cycling group who will ride in the Frisco to Forth Worth MS 150 in May. I'll have a link to registration soon.