Skip to main content

A Break in CA

For the first time in years, I am taking time away to "sit and soak" at a conference. Kim and I are with Kenyon and Libby Draughon at The National Pastors Convention in San Diego. We arrived Wednesday afternoon and will return home Saturday.

The lineup is great! Yesterday, we heard Brain McClaren (be a friend to yourself), Eugene Peterson (spiritual formation; I'm reading Eat This Book) and John Eldredge (Epic, which we will use in our next series), who were sandwiched between The Skit Guys (Eddie was connected to Legacy for a while; Kim and I had a great reunion with him), and other people who entertained and led in worship. Ken Medema does his "summary song" each session, and we continued to be amazed at the gift God has given him.


Today, Ruth Haley Barton (solitude and its role in leadership) and Todd Agnew (who also was part of Legacy for a season. He brought authentic worship to our student ministry when Stacey Whitt and Greg Pinkner were here) brought us closer to God.

So, what am I getting from this? No, not just message illustrations and more books I can read in the next six months, but a chance to look inside and see how I am really doing (not as good as I thought) and to spend time with Kim, which is a rarity these days. Kenyon and Libby are blessings of God with whom we are comfortable and safe. God has shown up several times already and I long for the next encounter...

Praying and listening. Join me. Let's see what happens...