Skip to main content

Listening to Understand


Brian McLaren launches another look at Christianity this week with his new book, Everything Must Change. McLaren has helped my faith grow and challenges my theology. I've wrestled with him many times, but have grown every time we have.

I love McLaren for his writings and musings--many of which I would not consider on my own. I have not suffered the ridicule or attacks he has for his efforts to address a changing culture with the gospel, but I have a sense of some of what he is trying to do and why some people don't like him doing it.

I got my email newsletter from Allelon today, and Alan Roxburgh interviews his friend Brian McLaren about what it is like trying to lead people to faith and getting beat up by those who say they follow Jesus already. It's about 20 minutes, but worth the watch to get an insight into both men's hearts. You'll like the prayer McLaren shares at the end of the interview.

I'll get the book and let you know what I think about it. Check out the video trailer here.