Skip to main content

Fight Club, Komen, and Work Day

Saturday was a full day! I ran to the North Texas Susan G. Komen 5K Race for the Cure where over 25 Legacy people ran in honor and/or in memorial for friends and family. It was a warm and humid day, but the crowd was huge and the excitement of running for others was bigger! Way to go, Legacy. I appreciate being part of a church who is literally "in the streets" for others.

I then ran from the EDS to Legacy Church (Jackie Henson felt sorry for me, and I hitched a ride from Preston to the church) to join the Fight Club guys on their "serve" day at the church. (The Legacy Kids team was here, too.)

The guys did everything from re-mulch the children's playground (picture below, How 'bout that race outfit?), to spray wash the parking lot (picture above), trim trees, clean out closets, offices, and attics. I was there from 9:30 to 4:30, and they were there before and after me.

Fight Club is a great group of men and young men who are on a program to know and experience what it means to truly be a man. Check out more pictures of what they did here.

(Bill Shouse and Cory Lane trim trees while I return for another load of mulch.)

These guys and others did much to serve Legacy Saturday. If you recognize one of them in a picture, be sure to thank them for all they did.

Kim and I relaxed with the Lloyds, Draughons, and Doucets--all of whom had worked all day--at our house. That was a great ending to a work-filled day.